By Alison Hilborn, Our Kids Network Acton Community Hub Coordinator
Once again, our Acton Kindergarten Fun Fair on Wednesday, August 29, was a big success!
The question is… How do we measure success? Well…
- It didn’t rain.
- Approximately 280 people participated.
- Approximately 80 activity bags and t-shirts were given to children going into junior kindergarten.
- Agency representatives all said that they were very, very busy talking to and sharing information with the fair-goers.
- We receive tremendous support from our community for this event:
- Thank you to…
- MapleLodge Farms, Halton Hills Fire Department, Halton Police, First Student Bus Service who supported the fair with donations and their time.
- Rotary Club of Acton, who were on the grill for us again this year.
- Town of Halton Hills for waiving the fees for the park and the benches.
- McKenzie-Smith Bennett, Robert Little and St. Joseph’s Catholic school and their parent councils for providing financial support and support in general for all of our activities. We could not do this without you!
- All our amazing volunteers for all of your help!!
- And finally…
- I heard the same phrase again and again: “We’re a well-oiled machine!” The event was set up with tons of time to spare and the take-down was just as efficient.
Please take some time to get the details of the day and look at the great pictures here.